The Ministry Lab supports worship leaders with robust resources.
Check out these resources to help leaders prepare and facilitate meaningful worship.
Liturgy and Music
- Find liturgical and other resources for Advent & Christmas, including:
- For more general worship prep and liturgical arts resources, see Liturgy:
- We’ve got Fresh & Free Resources for Advent & Christmas available here.
Find additional resources for:
- the entire Church Year – with additional resources for:
- National Observances, including:
- Earth Day & Creationtide
- International Day of Friendship (July 30)
- Juneteenth and African American History Month (February)
- Labor, Memorial, and Veterans Sundays
- Mothering & Fathering Sundays
- Native American Sunday/Month & Thanksgiving
- Pride/National Coming Out Day/Trans Day of Remembrance
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Sunday
For prompts, sample sermons, preparatory study and more, for preaching about antiracism, diversity, and social transformation, see our curated lists on:
- Inclusive Worship
- Lectionary & Preaching
- Racism: Spirituality, Identity, & Healing: Preaching about…
- Racism: Restorative Justice
All Ages Worship
Find resources for Worship with All God’s Children in our lib guides:
- Intergenerational worship
- Inclusive Worship
- Judicatory/Denominational Resources
- Sacraments & Life Stages
- Evening Prayer/Worship – Taize
Preparing Worship Leaders
Prepare liturgists, sacristans, and worship planners with resources regarding:
- Covid Considerations
- Prayer, theology, and the ‘whys’ of worship for Leaders & Sacristans
- Rethinking Worship
Amidst the whirlwind of ways to share in worship, find inspirations, support, and tips for hybrid and alternative worship offerings, such as:
Hard Copy Resources
Hard copy resources—including how-tos, liturgical elements, and music—are available for preview or to borrow. Contact Rev. Emily Meyer to access these resources.
Generated by The Ministry Lab’s partners, congregational leaders and director. If you have a Great Idea to share, let us know!
CHRISTMAS PAGEANT INTENTIONALITY
Two opposing ideas about Christmas Pageants result in critical, creative, and constructive approaches to sharing pageants – or not.
Read this Great Idea here.
Visual Word videos—created by gifted United Theological Seminary, judicatory and community artists—provide theologically sound, artistically rich resources for a variety of parts of worship.
They enrich local expressions of church by providing diverse perspectives and creative elements. The videos are appropriate to seasons of the church year and are shareable online or in person.