Pastor Appreciation Month: 10 Ideas for Celebrating
Thanks to Christa Meland and Diane Owen for writing up this Great Idea in the MN Annual Conference’s MNConnect newsletter.
Based on interviews with two MN UMC clergy, Meland and Owen put together a list of ten ways to show and share gratitude with clergy. As they write, “Always, but especially at a time when clergy burnout is at an all-time high, gestures of appreciation go a long way. This is a timely topic right now, as October is Pastor (or Clergy) Appreciation Month…” They then list ten ways for individuals and whole congregations to honor and express appreciation for their clergy (and other) leaders.
Read the full article/list here.
We’d like to add to their excellent list a couple additional ideas:
- subscribe to a monthly gift box for your clergy from SoulShepherding, or for female clergy, specifically (but not entirely exclusively), see ConseCrate
- encourage and support – financially and by finding pulpit supply or other worship leadership – at least one week of retreat; we recommend these excellent options:
- Spent Dandelion (Two Harbors, MN)
- MICAH (Minnesota Institute of Contemplation and Healing; Crookston, MN)
- Holy Wisdom Monastery (Madison, WI)
- and others found in our Hermitages, Pilgrimages, and Retreat Centers lib guide
Share a little gratitude with your clergy person (or colleague); it goes a long way!