Thanks to the MNSource Communications Hub for sharing this Great Idea!
One of the best ways to increase awareness of your church and boost its reputation is by garnering some positive media coverage. Whether it’s by a small local newspaper or TV station or an outlet with statewide coverage, being featured has the potential to help you reach new people. So, how do you get good press?
Lots of our Great Ideas meet the unpacked criteria, which include:
- Human interest
The article includes Five Key Practices to create a newsworthy event, offering more details Great Ideas to support you, including:
- BE RELEVANT – Craft a Meaningful Community Event
- BE VISUAL – Frame Media Photo Opportunities
- BE SOCIAL – Use Social Media for Effect
- BE NOTEWORTHY – Involve Well-Known Community Figures (prominence)
- BE THOROUGH – Strategic Public Relations Efforts
Learn the seven values that media considers when deciding how much prominence to give a story, and take away five key practices you can use to make your event more newsworthy.
Learn more: access the full resource here.