CONNEXT SUMMIT 2022!!
IN THE WAYS OF JESUS –
- Sara Thomsen will lead music and community-building
- Danger Boat Productions (creators of The Theater of Public Policy) will engage us in Improv Café Conversations – a chance to process the past couple of years with support and humor as we share challenges and innovations – especially those that include Gracious Idleness, Scrappy Transformation, and/or Radical Belonging
- Rebellious Rest: Sabbath Liberation for Churches, Families and Leaders – Rev. Kara Root (Minneapolis Clergy; Author of The Deepest Belonging: A Story about Discovering Where God Meets Us [Fortress])
- Songs Like Seeds: Planting Hope Note by Note – Sara Thomsen
- Let’s Play to the Lord: Worship with Children – Rev. Heather Roth Johnson & Rev. Jen Rome (Life-Long Learning Clergy)
- Youth, Food, and the Community Table – Bridgette Weber (United Theological Seminary student & The Ministry Lab assistant)
- Jesus Blesses Our Meaningful Memorable Moments – Rev. David & Gloria Anderson (Milestone Ministries)
- Godly Play – Sheila Foster (Faith Formation Leader)
- Youth Group Cohort Model: Transforming How We Build Community – Rev. Eli’jah Carroll, Rev. Amy Wick Moore, Katie Johnson, and Liam (St Paul Area Clergy & Faith Formation Leaders)
Find workshop overviews and presenter bios here.
SPIRITUAL PRACTICES BREAKOUT ROOM
- Walk the labyrinth
- Color mandalas
- Prayer Stations
- Enjoy “hearty hors d’oeuvres”, desserts, and beverages both Sunday and Monday evenings
- Team brainstorming and networking sessions
- Visit vendors/exhibitors representing inspiring organizations and resource options:
- Arlene Flancher from Luther Seminary and Faith+Lead
- Stella Pearce from United Theological Seminary’s Leadership Center for Social Justice
- Bruce Plautz from Thrivent Financial
- Ronny Bradtke from United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
- Dawn Rundman, author of Little Steps, Big Faith: How the Science of Early Childhood Development Can Help You Grow Your Child’s Faith (Beaming) and co-host of Creativity Drill Podcast.
- Rev. Dr. David & Gloria Anderson of Milestones Ministry (workshop leaders & vendors!)
- Holland Eagan from curriculum creators SparkHouse.
REST AND RENEW
- Worship each morning and evening (w/ Holy Communion Monday)
- Music (with Sara Thomsen!)
- Facilitated contemplative prayer time
- Free time for walks, chats, NAPS, and reconnecting with self, nature, and friends
Find the full schedule here.
Sunday, October 16, 2022 – 5:00 PM CT
Tuesday, October 18, 2022 – 2:30 PM CT
Find the full schedule here.
Christ the King Retreat Center
621 – 1st Ave S
Buffalo, MN 55313
- Large Congregation (budget greater than $250,000) = $250 [early bird]/$275 after August 31
- Medium Congregation (budget between $150,000-250,000) = $175 [early bird]/$200 after August 31
- Small Congregation (budget below $150,000) = $150 [early bird]/$175 after August 31
- Extra $50 for a single room
- Scholarships available through some judicatories; see registration form for details or contact your judicatory office
The ConNext Summit casts a vision for progressive, innovative, ecumenical, inspiring Christian faith formation.
The ConNext Summit’s biennial 2-day/2-night retreat-style conference creates a space to inspire Progressive Christian faith formation leaders as they reflect together, form networks, and cultivate innovative and sustainable ministries with children, youth, families and adults. Both newer and more seasoned leaders create a community in which to connect and grow!
Our Gracious Sponsors Include:
The Ministry Lab
Cultivating vibrant church leaders and congregations by pooling the wisdom and resources of the Minnesota Annual Conference United Methodist Church, Minnesota Conference United Church of Christ, Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area, The Synod of Lakes and Prairies (PCUSA), and United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities.
Rev. Emily Meyer
Executive Director, The Ministry Lab
tel | 651-279-1677
The Ministry Lab open hours are temporarily suspended. Contact Emily Meyer for consultations, to access resources, or to register for workshops.