Thanks to Jayne Andrews and ResourceUMC for sharing this Great Idea.
Fall is approaching quickly. As families gear up to get back to school, remind VBS participant families of upcoming church programming with a Back-to-School Bash!
While Andrews’ article focuses on two specific UMC VBS curriculum, you can repurpose her ideas for just about any VBS experience you shared this past summer.
- Use decor from your VBS to set the mood.
- Incorporate snacks or a full meal with the VBS theme in mind
- Dress in theme attire to make it clear who can be helpful and/or who is serving in a leadership role
- Share VBS “hits” as background music as folx arrive
- Share VBS memories on a photo wall
- And more
See the full article here.